With everything going on, I haven't done one of these in quite some time. No time like a Presidential campaign, however, to find the humor in our political process.
Saturday Night Live!
"And we were going to have Joe the Plumber on the program. We had him booked on the show. But at the last minute he canceled on us to do an interview with Katie Couric."
"Joe the Plumber has been all over the place. He's been on 'Good Morning America,' he's on Fox News. He was talking to the Associated Press. This plumber has done more interviews in one day than Sarah Palin has done since being chosen by John McCain."
"A poll came out today. 67% of Americans say they've seen enough and they don't want any more presidential debates. That's what they're saying. 67%. Yeah, the other 33% are plumbers who want to hear their name on television."
Obama Roasts McCain at Al Smith Dinner
John McCain - Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner
"And by the way, I'm your host for the program. I'm Dave the Plumber."